



I'm still a little amazed that my sisters are moms. I guess I'm in denial that we're all grown up. But I love the fact that they are, because I couldn't love my niece and nephew more. It's pretty amazing the relationship I can have with my nephew, who I've never even met. And I'll never forget walking into the delivery room when my niece Peyton was born. I cried watching my sister hold her baby for the first time, and knowing that Peyton LOOKED exactly like she should. When I first saw pictures of Josiah, I only saw Scott. It's a strange thing, because I put together the slide show for Scott and Sarah's wedding ... so before I'd even ever met Scott, I "got to know him" through his baby/childhood pictures, which almost feels like I've known him his whole life.
And now Peyton is standing on her own, charming everyone around her. And little Josiah, who's had a hard time gaining weight since November, is now getting to be the fatty I expected him to be (you'd understand if you saw Scott's baby pictures... love ya Scott!)
3 comments:
Thanks for saying all those nice things. Peyton loves you very much and can't wait to see you in a few months..you always made her laugh and kick her little legs around, I know you will do that again! Love you sis.
Isn't it amazing...how you can love and care for someone you hardly know...my sister adopted two charimg little girls from China, and although I very rarely get to see them...I cannot in words explain how I feel about them...there is a DEEP bond there!! Only God could do that.
AAHHHH...THEY ARE SO ADORABLE!!!!! I almost can't stand how stinkin cute they are! You are one lucky aunt!
Post a Comment