Monday, August 07, 2006

blogging games

Blogging's weird. It's like a web of people, and you can get deeper and deeper into it, going to links of links of links, and before you know it you're finding people who you don't even remember your connection to. It's great!

And today is no different. I found a game on a girl's site that I thought may be interesting, so I tried it. Here are the instructions:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Try to resist the urge to go dig for the intellectual book that will impress everyone.
6. Tag three people

"For no reason that I can possibly attach a rational explanation to, I put 50p into a game called Killer Kickboxer or Kick Your Brains Out or something like that, and spent about a minute punching a red button and waggling a joystick while my character, a muscular blond fellow, kicked uselessly at drapes and threw magic discs into thin air while a series of equally muscular but unscrupulous Orientals assaulted him with kidney chops and flung him repeatedly to the carpet.

I had a strange hour in which I wandered in a kind of trance, feeding money into machines and playing games I couldn't follow. I drove racing cars into bales for hay and obliterated friendly troops with lasers and unwittingly helped zombie mutants do unspeakable things to a child."

Fascinating, hey? And since I don't really wanna tag anyone, I'll just leave it open to anyone who has a blog and too much time on their hands.

Oh, and that was from Bill Bryson's Notes from a Small Island

No comments: