And the answer is YES! Miracles do happen. And after 2 1/2 months of being unemployed and after 4 weeks of intense job searching and interviews and subbing for 2 weeks.... it's over. I'm employed!
I'll be working in an elementary school as a Special Education Teaching Assistant. The job's going to have a lot of variety with one-on-one and small group work, in and out of the classroom. It will give me good exposure to a lot of children, to a lot of different classrooms, and will hopefully help me achieve my ultimate goal of figuring out exactly what it is that me, the un-career minded, wants to do with her life (or at least the next phase, I seem to like life happening in chunks).
Oh, and just as a sidenote, of all 28 schools I ended up sending a resume to, and keeping in mind that I'd like to move out of suburbia, closer to the city... it was the school closest to my parents' house where I ended up getting the job!
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay for Bekah! I am so happy for you. You are going to be great, you are a natural with kids. My daughter adores her "Betah"
I second that. I've always told her what a GREAT teacher she is. Many successes to my girl!
this is a test...
geez...the one time i don't write a long comment...it actually works. :) i've been trying unsuccessfully for a few days...i think it's my goofy computer. this one probably won't wotk! anyway, this is great news! i look forward to hearing how your new job goes. it sounds really interesting. and i like the "life in chunks" idea...it's easier to swallow that way. :)
Post a Comment