Since my blog doesn't often say a whole lot, I thought I should give a little update on what I'm doing. I've found that even though I'm back in the States, there are still so many people I don't see. I'm not in the same job, at the same church... so that takes me out of the loop a bit (or throws me into a new loop I guess).
I really love my job. I get to work with kids all day, which is what I discovered I loved while living in Prague. I've also discovered, after 10 years of saying otherwise, that I actually want to be a teacher. For someone hopelessly indecisive, this is a breakthrough! I'm currently applying to universities to get my masters in Education.
While my year of fun and play and travel is most definitely over, and while the reality of life is something I'm getting used to again (depleting a savings account is way more fun than refilling it), I am (on most days) excited for what's ahead.
I'm also going to a new church and falling in love with it more each week. It's hard to break into a new place, and while it doesn't feel like home just yet, each week confirms I'm where I should be. Good people with big hearts for the people around them and community they're in. A good place for me to be.
Other good things about living in Oregon are:
- being close to family
- hanging out with my friends who know me so well
- getting to see the sun rise behind Mt. Hood every morning on my way to work
- having health insurance!
and that's all I got
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
... and your friends have loved having you here to hang out with us!
and your sisters..and your niece!...:)
...and your mom...
hey bekah...i'm finally in the blogging world and came across yours. crazy seeing all your nieces and nephews!! time certainly flies! glad to hear you're doing well. what church are you at? my blog is cherylrenea@blogspot.com if you're interested. it's fun keeping up on people, even from way back when. :)
Post a Comment