Wednesday, November 07, 2007

the show

Ok, I WILL shut up about this someday.. but I just HAD to post pictures of the BEST SHOW I went to last night. Remember the movie I didn't recommend? Once? The actors in that movie were in town last night and played the music from the movie and from their own recordings together. Fun fact, they recorded their CD, "The Swell Season" in Prague, when I lived there. See, we were destined to meet! Anyway, the show was AMAZING... it's an Irish guy (lead singer of the Frames) and a Czech girl, playing guitar and piano and singing. Anyway, here are the pictures.


When Glen Hansard came out, they were having technical difficulties, so he walked to the front of the stage and sang his first song acapella.. we were 3 rows back and got a great view!

Marketa Irglova, played piano, guitar and sang beautifully!












Not the best pictures. Ok I'm done. I'll post about other things again now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun! Is that movie going to come out on video? I reallllly want to see it!

Bekah said...

comes out december 18 :).. and it's still playing at the hollywood theater

Anonymous said...

beks,
that's so cool!!! i didn't know you were going to this!! fun times. they're such an appopriate band to be playing in portland. i REALLY want to see the movie. we couldn't find it playing anywhere down here. guess we'll have to wait for DVD

lizzy

oregonfatts said...

super cool. I am envious. I may take off to Praha, with trina, just to get back at you. I will then email you how awesome of a time we are having, and then to top it out. I'll hang out with bono over a capiccino, then travel ot ireland with him and trina... sweet.