Thursday, June 25, 2009

"she's got a great personality"

Personality tests are funny. They don't always work because it's hard to put a person in a box, but they can be enlightening too. My friend Tabitha has a book about how your taste in shoes reflects you as a person, and that was more true than some personality tests I've taken (I'm a ballet flat, by the way).

My sister Faith sent the following to me and thinks these are my personality styles.. which I love, because it's so interesting to see how other people see you (I took out the descriptions that didn't fit me).

CONSCIENTIOUS STYLE
*Hard work (dedicated, capable of intense, single-minded effort)
*The right thing (person of conscience, strong morals and values, opinions and beliefs rarely held lightly)
*Perseverance (stick to convictions and opinions)
*Order and detail (good organizers, catalogers, list makers)

LEISURELY:
*Inalienable rights (enjoy freedom on own terms, in own time)
*Enough is enough
*The right to resist
*Manana (not obsessed with time urgency like Type A people, easy going, optimistic, things will get done..eventually)
*I'm okay
*Mixed feelings

MERCURIAL:
*Romantic attachment
*Heart
*Unconstraint (spontaneous, fun-loving)
*Activity (lively, creative, busy, engaging. energy marks this style) - when leisurely doesn't win out.
*Open mind (imaginative, curious, willing to experience other cultures and value systems)*

I think this is so interesting because it's a part of who we are and how we see the world. Everyone has such diverse perspectives on the world. I think it's half personality and half experiences that play into this. For the most part, I just love to hear what people think of the world and how they see it, remembering that we all have our own sets of values and life experiences.

That's my PSA for the day.

No comments: