Friday, September 03, 2010

Employment is a good thing

The last three words from my last post had to do with the fact that I GOT A TEACHING JOB!!!! Miracle. Truly. Here are some pictures of my new classroom!


Before. Kind of. I forgot to take the true before shots, when my room looked like a storage closet. Can you find Melissa working to put my library together?


After 22 hours of friends' and sister's help! I didn't count my hours.


After.


My amazing family cutting out little people for my bulletin board!


Faith made this beautiful bulletin board. I found the book All the World by Liz Garton Scanlon at Powells and was totally charmed by it. I later saw it in my principal's office and asked to borrow it for the first week of school. It's all about the big and small things in our world told through a whimsical poem. "All the world is you and me..." so sweet.


My library.. the best it will ever look (thanks Mel!)


Ok, funny story. I wanted to make a paper earth for the wall, to use in our writer's workshop in relation to that book I mentioned. I cut out 2 circles, one green and one blue. I started drawing really blobby continents to cut out of green and paste on the blue. I didn't really care if it was accurate, just that it appeared to look like the earth. Melissa jumped in and said she could make it. Check out the next picture for the final result. AMAZING! She even included Cuba and Madagascar. Freehand. WOW!

Ms. Tucker still in disbelief that this is real!

And if you're interested: My classroom blog address is www.mstuckersk2class.blogspot.com

4 comments:

lizhoweth said...

wow! everything looks awesome! and your classroom is huge. yay for teaching!

Faith said...

It looks GREAT, as does your classroom blog. SOOO happy for you!

Anonymous said...

ms tucker, i had the biggest dumb grin on my face as i looked through these pictures. what an awesome classroom! wow! it looks so cool! i wish i could see it in person. so happy for you, sis.

Unknown said...

So glad I could be part of this! You are a very dear friend Ms. Tucker! :-)