I'm a "give me a cat who keeps to himself and lets me pet him when I want to versus a dog who thinks I love his fur on my pillow and wants to be the center of my ever-loving universe every second of every day" cat person.
Really, I'm just not an animal person.
But anyway, my sister/parents' cat just disappeared Thursday. Sad.
This cat was 16 years old (!!), had an open wound tumor on his leg (ew.) and had stopped "bathing" months ago (another reason to like cats, they clean themselves and bury their own poo). So it doesn't come as a surprise.
His name was Holly because he was a Christmas present for my baby sister Liz, and when we got him we were told he was a she. It didn't take us long to figure out that he was identified incorrectly. He was one of the sweetest cats, came to his name, entertained the nieces and nephews, stayed ALIVE on my parents' busy street (not an easy feat, as we've lost LOTS of cats to speeding cars). Even though I haven't touched him since he got all gross and wound-y, I will miss him.
Holly, I hope you died peacefully, in a warm place dreaming of the next bird you'd decapitate and drag to the front porch. You were a sweet kitty.
Holly and his original owner, 2004

3 comments:
He WAS a sweety!
I am A. not a cat person and B. not sad about Holly...until..I read your post. Made me a little sad. Glad Holly is done suffering. He was a good cat and for the record, I'm pretty sure I haven't touched him since August 2003 when I last lived at home. Sorry Liz.
awwwww, made my eyes water. thanks, beks.
Post a Comment