As much as it bugs me when they do this, I really love that I'm a "teacher!". Teaching is the HARDEST job I've ever had. Harder than being a teaching assistant, harder than teaching preschool, harder than being a student teacher or a sub. They say year 1 is hard, I believed them and yet I'm still amazed at HOW HARD this job really is!
Yesterday I decided that my goal for the day was to have fun. And I did! I think I've made a breakthrough. I know it's all about my attitude. That I set the tone in the classroom. I really want my kids to know that we have fun when we're doing the things we should be doing, and school gets super boring and UNfun when we misbehave.
I will never again take for granted a well-behaved classroom. It's not because the kids are natural angels.. it's because their teacher is amazing.
My kids are so cute and so sweet (most of the time). I really love my first class, and there can only ever be one!
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
great post, sis. i can't imagine keeping track of a whole classroom of kids! i'm sure you're doing an amazing job and learning so much. can't wait to see it all for myself. love you! keep up the good work! thanksgiving and christmas break are soon to come. :)
Post a Comment