When I was a kid, I asked him how birds could sit on a telephone wire and not be electrocuted. He worked for PGE as a lineman, so I thought I was going to the right person. He told me that birds didn't actually sit on the wire, that they were hovering above. And I bought it. And I had to find out for myself, years later, that it wasn't true. How do you have that kind of patience??
He meant a lot to so many people and he won't be forgotten.

Grandpa and I in 1978

My high school graduation, 1996

My going away party before I moved to Prague, 2005

Grandpa in 2006, at Josh and Liz' "Cowboy and Indian" themed wedding rehearsal (ya, you read that right)
5 comments:
are you making fun of our rehearsal dinner theme??!! =) p.s. gpa's birthday is april 26th ;)
haha! the queen of random.. thanks for the correction. i totally knew that.. weird.
A great tribute Rebekah. Thank you. And I don't get the comment. Didn't you say the "26th?"
mom..not that you'll see this but i'm guessing she corrected it after liz mentioned it:) nice post beks.
I was looking back and did see the comment Faith. Not that ANYONE will see this comment. But, duh, I didn't think of that she would go back and correct. Thanks Faith.
Love
Mom
Post a Comment