I spent the better part of Sunday at the tiny church on Main Street in Gresham, celebrating the wedding of one of my very good friends... Des married Jack Chiu and should be at this moment heading off to Maui for a 1-week stay. I didn't understand all the hype of Hawaii until my family went almost 4 years ago. I now understand what the draw is. When waking up to the pressing question of "pool or ocean?" you know you're in a great place.
Anyway, here's to a lifetime of companionship and someone to make you stronger, Des. I'm so very happy for you... and to think 1 year ago Jack was your hiking friend who you "definitely weren't interested in" :) Your wedding was beautiful and I'm so glad your engagement was short so I could make it to the wedding! We'll make that hiking date when I get back!
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How quickly things change in a year! Last Spring, I was "just" hiking with Jack and you were "just" considering teaching English abroad. We are both embarking such a new and exciting adventure. We are blessed! You GET to indulge yourself in a new culture...and I guess...that's what I'll be doing, as well. :) I can only imagine the ways that God will grow us in our new direction, Bekah. I am confident we will both look back, next summer, at the wonder of how quickly things change in one year. Thank you for sharing with us on our wedding day. It meant so much to me that you were there (in the heat!...and thank you for your help!). You are a true gem! I will miss you, but I hold you to that hike...possibly in Prague?! Love you, Bekah!
Hey Beks... post a new post. :-) just kidding.. I know it is hard to keep up when you are trying to say goodbye to so many people... You are dearly loved!!!!
And to Des and Jack.. Congratulations! :-)
Post a Comment