It's been suggested I go into more detail about the Romeo comment. What I learned in my first day in Prague is that men are quite aggressive here... at least more than they are in little Gresham OR.
Kristen and I are walking along, minding our own, and this guy comes up to us and asks if we want to take a "river cruise" (ie, a trip down the river on a boat built in 1964 and painted bright blue). We say no. He says "why not?". I come up with some rubbish answer, including in that rubbish answer, the statement that I'll be in Prague for 1 year (oops....shoulda gone with "just passing through"). I ask where he's from and he answers Ivory Coast. I ask, "Oh, did you leave because of all that's going on there?". He says "YES! You know my country! I would like to meet you after work". I say "dang, no paper to take your number and I don't have a phone yet... but I know where to find you".
End of story. Aren't I so friendly? And yes, I almost laughed when he said his name was Romeo...but I held back.
Friday, August 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow.. That is comedy right there! Thanks for giving me a good laugh. :o)
Are you kidding me? Romeo + River cruise, you can't get more romantic. I think I would have gone with him. :)
No Andy I don't think you would have...and I am glad Bekah did not..you can never trust Romeos off the street... by the way we saw pictures of Prague at GSCC tonight...the team shared and we saw some pretty sights...thought of you Bekah...that was you town!!!
Maybe not wise to go with Romeo.. but definitely it feeds the romantic in us. :-) I am glad you got a good laugh about it Beks. Heck... if I was a guy I would want you to come with me. :-)
Bekah, Bekah, Bekah, have I taught you nothing in our few short years of friendship? When there is a crazy guy talking to you and you want to get away just kick him in the shin and run like the dickens. Okay, maybe not. But hey you got a fabulously funny story out of the whole thing. Now you'll have to keep an eye on the river and watch out for the blue stud mobile on the water and see what lucky lady got roped into riding in it. Can't wait to hear the next funny story. :)
Post a Comment