Sunday, December 04, 2005

Christmas in Prague!

This is going to be a strange Christmas... being so far from home, from family, from friends. I've been more homesick in the last couple weeks.

Fortunately though, I live in a really beautiful city that just becomes more beautiful around Christmas. Since Thanksgiving weekend every square (which is every few blocks here) has a Christmas market and a tree! Friday night 2 friends and I walked around in the bitter cold, trying the hot wine, roasted chestnuts, and some kind of rolled-in-cinnamon-sugar pastry.

Then we saw Harry Potter.

But this is what we saw before the movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I've been there! I've been in this square, as a matter of fact I bought a hat, scarf and gloves in this square, since I was travelling in the summertime and they had a fluke snowstorm! Good to see pictures BT, thanks for the update. Still in II Kings... Keep us posted on you.

Rakel said...

Nice pictures....European Christmas is VERY special and I miss it very much...take care Bekah and know that you are loved and missed...before you know it, we will see you again!!

Anonymous said...

It's going to be a strange Christmas for us to...we will miss your laugh, your sarcastic comments, your weird faces, your interuptions:), your cute clothes, your caring & kind spirit, your dances when you immitate mom and just YOU!