Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Frozen Prague

I know weather's not the most interesting of topics, but it's FREEZING COLD in Prague! For over a week now it's been in the negative and it's currently -10C! But get this Oregonians... it hasn't rained! So that pretty much rules.

I also bought a new laptop that will be here Feb. 13th. Happy Valentine's Day me! I ordered an Mac I-Book, so you all can let me know how lame/brilliant I am depending on which way you sway on that supject. I'm just excited to have a computer that works. I'll be hanging out at internet cafes often, so if you're one of the many people who've been ignored by me with email, I plan to make up for that. It's ok to go a few weeks without a computer, but I'm just glad I don't have to go the next 6 months. Woo hoo.

I've been reading some Don Miller recently. Of the few books I brought here, Blue Like Jazz and Searching for God Knows What were amongst them. Right now I'm picking a new chapter every morning on the Metro. Yesterday I was reading in Jazz about "how to love yourself"... and he was talking about how it's hard for him to accept love, and how at one moment in his life he hit a point where he was thinking so much crap about himself, that the words "love thy neighbor as thyself" came to mind. And he wondered what that had to do with anything... but thinking about it more, he realized he'd NEVER talk to his neighbors, his friends, other people, like he talked to himself. And he just decided to stop. And he did. And it was interesting and convicting to me, so maybe for you too. That's all. Read Don Miller. He's cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard from the Newcombs that it's been in the freeze zone in Prague. I hope you're enjoying your new coat! I am SO glad you're getting a computer so we can hear from you. I have REALLY missed the e-mails (lots of other people have too from what I've heard!). And the words from Don Miller were an encouragement. Thanks for sharing them.

I love you bunches.
Mom

will said...

if only his coolness could somehow rub off on you...

Unknown said...

Hey Beks,

want to talk weather??? I went from 18 degrees celcius to -18 degrees celcius today... that is a shock to my system. :-) Love you tons!!!!

Tabs said...

Very well put Bekah, he is cool. :) I still need to read his second book. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. Hmmm... Miss you my dear! Have a great weekend!