Sunday, June 18, 2006

England, dad and "bepa"

Just a few things....

Today is Father's Day and I happen to have a really good one! Dad, you've always been so supportive of me, and the only reason I have self esteem is because you've told me you love me every day since I can remember.. thanks for letting us drive 4-wheelers as kids to toughen us up, and thanks for letting us put barretts in your hair to soften you up (the living with 5 women part may have been enough though)! At this age, I can say I've seen you become a better and better dad, and now you make a really amazing grandpa. I love you so much and can't wait to see you in a couple, short weeks.... I'm missing the hugs only you can give.

And Faith (one of the 5 women) just told me, according to my niece, I'm "bepa", which honestly made my day... at school I'm "Lay-bekah" or "Vee-bekah"... and I'm just happy Peyton knows who I am after being away over half her life!



And finally, I'm off to England for a week, leaving Tuesday! I'll be alone in London and Oxford (first time travelling alone) and then in Newcastle/Gateshead with the Kemp family! It'll be a fast week, I'm sure, but I can't wait to be back in England!!

No comments: