England was a really good trip. When I first got to London, I got real homesick (Oregon sick, not Prague), but I think it was because I was travelling alone... and I'm homesick. Hmmm. So London was an adventure but so nice to be in an English speaking country again (not gonna lie). I hit the Tate Modern, the Millenium Bridge, National Gallery, Trafalgar, Leicester, and all the other squares... and I saw Stomp. Random, but the cheapest show I could get into (it's a bit of an adjustment switching from the Czech crown to the English pound!)...
Ahhhhhh.... and then lovely Oxford. Just as beautiful as ever. By this time I'm enjoying being alone, 'cause I can do whatever I want! I went to the birthplace of Winston Churchill (Blenheim Palace), and stood in the room where he was born 132 years ago!! And I also took a free ghost tour ... so if you're ever in Oxford, adoring the cute little back streets, that's where the ghosts are. Just thought you should be warned..
And then off to Newcastle/Gateshead to visit the Kemps. This is a family I met while on a church trip and they are so great! Totally spoiled me.. and it was really great to go back to Gateshead Evangelical where people remembered me and gave me big hugs. John Kemp mocked me because my blog has more pictures than anything (pretty much true)... so to keep with that tradition, here are some from the trip...

Saw this sign when I was lost and homesick in London

Magdalene College (where CS Lewis taught) and Oxford Don in red and black robe

Having a Guiness where CS Lewis, JRR Tolkien and friends met every Tuesday morning... the Eagle and Child Pub

Blenheim Palace
2 comments:
sweet bekah! drinkin the Guiness! that's a good lass!
i've been praying your doing well in life hun. take care & may God contunie to bless you always.
love ya! ><>
hope you got home safe - let me know how you are!
Post a Comment