Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Why Fall is the Best Season, Part II

With little better to do as I sit around waiting for phone calls, and as the rain falls in Oregon this August day, I'm thinking how great the Fall is for music!



September 14th Shawn McDonald is coming to George Fox University. I just got his new CD and I really like his music, his sounds and the words he sings. Click HERE to see more.



September 15th Storyhill is coming to Portland! This is Seth's favorite band... they both play guitar and sing together amazingly... very passionate guys.



Another show I want to go to (THIS is why I need a job) is Leslie Feist. I think she's known by the name FEIST actually. But one day in Prague, I was walking home from an internet cafe and ran into my friend Marketa. She was listening to Feist at that moment, and knowing we had similar taste in music, immediately handed me the CD (Czech people are so generous!!). Anyway, she's coming to Portland and I love her music... it's unique.



And just to assure you all in your assumption that I have no life, I was also excited to see The Office win an Emmy for best comedy! (I want to thank Mr. Postelwaite who mailed commercial free episodes all the way to Europe and for Holly and Katie taking every opportunity to quote the show with me). I had little faith an American version would be as funny as the British, but it's really come into it's own, and I'm sorry, but I can't wait to see what happens with Jim and Pam.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay I guess I can still call you sister because of your love for The Office. If you didn't share that love I would have to banish you from the family. It premieres Thursday Aug. 21 @ 8:30!!!!

Anonymous said...

I mean September 21st...

Missy said...

Just listened to a little bit of the Feist music...it's really nice! Also...I saw The Office for the first time when I was back in the states. We caught a rerun or something on TV. FUNNY!