Thursday, March 29, 2007

Music City

Along Broadway is the Ryman Auditorium, home to the Grand Ole Opry, the oldest continuous radio program in the US, making famous some of the most notorious in Country Music.


What I liked best along Broadway, was the Hatch Show Printers. The oldest letterpress printshop in the country, where they've been making concert posters for over 80 years.




Per Lindsay's mom's suggestion, we hit the botanic gardens in Cheekside. They were beautiful.


One of the things I really wanted to see while in and around Nashville was a plantation. We went to Belle Meade Plantation. A 200 year old plantation, this one grew tobacco and bred horses, and kept over a hundred slaves. So sad. Lindsay and I are in front of the slave quarters.


Lindsay and I on the wrap around porch of the main house.


Rhett and Scarlett


Having long discussed the differences between "cook outs" and "barbeques" with my friends from the south (there being no difference in the northwest)... I had to experience it. Pulled pork guys. Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! pictures! thanks for posting them! so fun to hear/see your trip. looks like a great time. man, i need to see more of the US. with ya on the pulled pork sandwiches. they know how to make some AWESOME food in the south. so good. sweet tea. i was also admiring the fried ravioli from st. louis. i'm all about food these days. :)

love you. so glad you had fun.

big sis