We went to Waimea Canyon ("Little Grand Canyon") and it was gorgeous! My aunt Becky, my grandma and uncle Keith
My aunts Teri and Becky and I eating our Puka Dogs...YUMM!! Hollowed out bread with a polish dog, and I had garlic lemon sauce, coconut relish and lilikoi mustard. Amazing recommendation from my friend Tabitha!!
Seriously.
At every wedding we get a "cousin's shot", but I'm actually the only cousin at this one (I sacrificed), with siblings Phillip, Julie (the bride!) and Jeremy.
the beach at the Sheraton
One night we went to Poipu to see the gorgeous sunset.
The sunset wedding!! Bryan and Julie's big day finally came and it was such a beautiful wedding. They brought in a lot of Hawaiian traditions, by giving eachother lei's and also giving lei's to the mothers of the bride and groom and grandparents. The reverend sang with a ukelele (!!), prayed in Hawaiian, it was a beautiful ceremony!
My aunt Becky (mom's sis) and I after the ceremony
Ok, one of the highlights of the trip was taking a catamaran tour of the Na Pali coast. On the north shore of Kauai are these incredible cliffs! Picture Jurassic Park, as the helicoptor flies between the green cliffs. It was so much fun, we saw dolphins, turtles, we snorkeled and saw the amazing cliffs set against clear, turquoise water!
1 comment:
Great pics Beks. Way to represent the cousins!! Thanks for making me feel like I was in sunny beautiful Hawaii with you all even though I know I was really in the MOST exciting place in the world! Gresham! I know you're jealous. Anyway, good pics!
Post a Comment