Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday

So my ever typical saturday anymore consists of the following:

waking up to the sound of lola's nails on the hardwood

stumbling to the coffee maker to make a pot (my one cup limit during the week is abandoned on weekends)

checking the syllabus for the required reading I've put off til now

dutifully planting myself on the couch, complete with cup of black coffee, fuzzy socks and pen set to underline

ticking off the chapters as I go making me feel productive

an hour and a half in, finding one thing to distract me (dishes, breakfast, laundry, cleaning, baking, cooking, emailing, blogging, ANYTHING but reading)

realizing at 3pm that I really didn't get that far in my reading and return to the couch...

..until the next distraction takes hold.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bekah Tucker! you are fantastic! Du bist fantastik!

Anonymous said...

i love saturday mornings. i also love that i am no longer a student....haha, jk! sorry beks, i feel for you. but nevertheless, enjoy that black coffee and enjoy reading. ps. did you meet clifton today, by chance?

lizzy

Faith said...

ugh. i should do a blog of what my saturday morning consists of...hmm..

i'm definitely not jealous of you!

Tabs said...

On this particular Saturday, was I a distraction? If I was, I SOOOOO appreciate you giving up of your precious homework time just for lil' ol' me. You are just such a good and giving friend like that. :)