
I survived my first week of student teaching! My first week of paying to work! My first week with new teachers, new students, new buildings, new culture and a new role.. I think it's going to be a great experience. Both teachers are really good teachers and have already taught me new things. I'm in an all day kindergarten class and a 3/4 blend. Very different classes, very different styles of teaching and staying organized, and I'm taking it all in.
I definitely miss my co-workers at my old school and the kids who were so sweet to me (most of the time). Honestly, the best decision I made was to get that job (thanks for the advice, Des!). It taught me so much about kids, classroom management, myself and how I lack patience at times. Really, really good job to have prior to classroom teaching. AND, just like all of us former waitresses tipping well, I'll be super nice to assistants in my own classroom.
Here's to hoping the experience continues to be happy, confirming and positive..
No comments:
Post a Comment