Saturday, September 11, 2010

a romantic

My English friend Sarah (friend from my lovely Prague days) recently posted this on facebook. I've seen it before and LOVE it! Being a romantic myself, and being older than 16 (double that actually), this cartoon rings a bell.

"a romantic enters the world"

Here are a few of the reasons I'm a romantic (or they're my favorites because I'm a romantic? not sure which order):

Favorite book #1

Favorite book #2

Mr. Darcy.. that look!

My original romantic obsession: Gilbert Blythe
Sense and Sensibility.. a book/movie FULL of tension until that scene in the parlor where everything becomes right in the world. So worth the wait!

Before Sunset

and obviously: Once

That's the short list..

Plus, I've gotten to live in some romantic places. Prague and Oxford.. and Gresham.

5 comments:

lizhoweth said...

we definitely are the alike sisters. i watched pride and prejudice a couple weeks ago, and JUST rented "Anne of Avonlea" and "Once" from the library.

Desiree said...

I still have your copy of A Severe Mercy-beautiful book. Just want you to know that it is safe and secure. :)

Faith said...

Gresham. HAHA! I LOVE all the movies you listed, well..I haven't seen Before Sunset but love the rest. Sense and Sensibility is def in my top 10!

and..haha, Gresham???

sara said...

I romantically love this post and wholeheartedly agree with each and every piece of it. Have you read Mansfield Park yet? You should.

Anonymous said...

Great post Beks. I didn't know you loved Before Sunset! I LOVE that movie. I've always been a big crazy fan of Ethan Hawke - ever since my alternative days. Haven't seen "Once." Need to. The Anne of Green Gables pic made me smile. You always looooooved that movie...even the song could make you cry, right? :)