I can't say I'm an "active" person, though I like active things when I do get around to doing them.
I can't say I'm a "reader" though I love finding a good book.
I CAN say I'm a "leisurely" person who loves "to hang out in cafes" and "see movies with friends" and "who's not ashamed to admit she watches TV" and "who blogs when she's supposed to be finishing progress notes".
(I was going with the quotation marks, so I thought I'd better continue).
Anyway, the point of the post is that my sister Liz recently recommended Shattered Dreams: My Life as a Polygamist's Wife by Irene Spencer and The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I haven't started The Help yet, but I finished Shattered Dreams as fast as I could, not putting it down even when it was too late for a teacher to be up at night. So interesting. So good. So heartbreaking.
So. Any books YOU couldn't put down?

7 comments:
I really want to read Shattered Dreams. Did you buy them both? If so, can I borrow it?
oh and you know how I am with reading but the two books I couldn't put down were the ones written by the parent of one of my Montessori kids. Blackbird & Still Waters.
I'll have to get those!
you know, if you're my only blog reader, i should just call you :)
haha:)
I'm your other reader! ;-) I read The Help an LOVE it. I'm about to read a Sherman Alexie book, which is supposed to be pretty goo, too.
I also "like to hang around in coffee shops" and "enjoy going to movies (esp. cheap ones)"... :)
and, apparently, my letter D is sticking...
Post a Comment