Friday, March 11, 2011

judge me if you want...

... but I'm going to europe this summer!

Do I have ANY job security? No.

Do I have ANY right to leave the country after 2 fabulous trips last year? No.

But I'm rebellious like that.

This summer marks five years since i left beautiful Prague. I can't believe it's been that long. The plan is simple: couch surf wherever we can, seeing old places we love and experiencing new places too. Most of my travel will be with my friend Katie. We'll start out in Belgium (never been!) staying with her friends for a few days, then off to lovely lovely Prague. I seriously just want to sit in the squares and walk the streets in a dreamlike state. I want to take it all in and just BE. Next we'll go to Croatia (I've only been in the dead of winter) and on to Rome to see my friend Melissa (haven't been here either!). I'll continue the trip to Budapest alone, to see Will and Kim. The path is a little crazy but it had to be done in this order. Poor Will and Kim will barely be settled into their new home and BAM! I'll show up.

I've been saving all year for this trip, dreaming and scheming. Thank goodness for tax returns.


Prague, August 2005


Budapest, October 2005


Opatija, Croatia, December 2005

7 comments:

Faith said...

I'm not judging you! I'm HAPPY for you!!! Oh and I love your background..it's so you

Bekah said...

not really sure who i'm talking to with that :) Thanks! i think the background is so springy and pretty!

Faith said...

It looks like a t-shirt you would wear:)

Missy said...

No judgment, only jealousy. :) That sounds like an amazing lineup. I teasingly asked Jesse if he would mind if I tagged along with you, but he said he would be toooooo jealous!! I hope you have an incredible time!

Bekah said...

Missy come!!!!! I would love to travel europe with you again... you are a PERFECT travel buddy with your map reading skills and your calm personality. Plus we'd have so much fun. Jesse can come too!!!

Anonymous said...

you're using your tax return like I'd rather use ours. When we're putting up the new greenhouse I'll think of you with every cut finger and sore muscle!
I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute (except maybe the plane ride to and from).
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I'm also jealous...such a great itinerary you've put together with Katie...I'll be following along in memories!
Kristen