Friday, July 29, 2011

It's time

Time to not live in the city I grew up in. Time to move all of 10 miles away, into Portland once again. (yay).

I was talking to Kim about their move to Budapest, and living abroad in general, and we were talking about how important it is to make a place your own, to make sure it's a reflection of you and not just a temporary place.

And that's why my new room has butter colored walls.

Before:


After:







I saw this quote at IKEA: "Don't give up your dreams, shrink them". Exactly what I'm doing as I squeeze into a smaller space...

4 comments:

Faith said...

Sweet! Did dad help you? Love it

Bekah said...

i did it all alone and it took forever! but worth it.

Missy said...

Wow! That really brightens up the room (as I sit looking at our apartment full of beige walls. Hmm...) It's a really pretty room too - great floors and trim!!

Kimberly said...

Love the butter! Looks so good.