Blogging is SO WEIRD. Here I am writing with no idea of who's reading. I read really random people's blogs, people I've never met. People who I know through other people.. so people with private blogs are SO ANNOYING (just kidding, sis!). I kind of assume it's just my mom and sisters and a few close friends, but just in case...
That's why I put up my "In all honesty" post for exactly 36 hours and then freaked out and took it down. Haha! If you missed it, sorry! I'm not reposting it. I love honest bloggers, but being honest is scary. And I guess I'm a big liar who likes to cover up my worst fears.
So suck it blog world.. I say that with love.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hi, BT! I saw and loved that post, but also understand your desire to be intentional about the folks with whom you share your deepest thoughts and feelings. If in doubt, I think discretion is a good choice. But all that to say, I totally get it and you're in good company with what you shared ... and also surrounded by love ...
K.
whats the point of a private blog again? i mean - wouldnt you be better off - just emailing a letter to the folks on your list? anyway - good thing i RSS your feed. so your honest blog is still on my computer!! ;)
I'm ok with this. And K, I TOTALLY thought of you when I took it down, "what would Kristin do?" ha!
i hear ya, which is why i'm such a slacker and have never even started a blog. can you email me your honesty post? i'd love to read it. and i'm family! :)
and i think people go private when they have kids. it's safer with pics and all.. and the good thing about a blog is that no one ever has to read it. you post and people read if they wanna.. not as intrusive as an email.
That post was definitely from your heart. And sharing your heart is always scary, even more so with the world. I've definitely taken posts off my blog before. Completely get it!
I loved the post, but I also totally know what you mean about how scary it is to be honest on blogs! I'm always a little jealous of super honest bloggers, but it's not my style. I just love reading everything you post and I totally respect what you decide to share. :)
I have a private blog for 2 reasons..1. because i have 3 little kids and when I first started a blog some weird guy from the mid west was making comments about how cute peyton was. yuck. second reason is because it's my online journal to keep when my kids get older so i can remember what they did and said! make sense?
I always read your blog, love the silly AND honest posts:) love how you write
Good points, faith! I forgot about that creepy guy!! ew.
Post a Comment