Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Traveling Home

Last summer was excitedly spent exploring other people's cities. Seriously, I was excited almost every moment of that trip (minus the many-hour bus ride in Croatia)! This summer I'm finding a new love for my own city. I've taken two classes exploring the natural and human history of the area and just today I hiked through Forest Park, climbing up to Pittock Mansion. And... I'm in love. So thankful to live in a beautiful place that is always great to come home to. That being said, I could move away at any point, I'm a very confused person. What can I say? I love many places I've traveled to!

"In the shadow of the elm".. found out the Park Blocks are full of elms and this art depicts a tree that came down. 

this art (besides the middle strip of windows) is all on a flat wall. it really tripped me out and I couldn't stop staring

Old, new and nature

Portland's ugliest building and Portlandia

Monkey Puzzle tree on Reed's campus. Such a cool tree!

Laurelhurst Park views

1 comment:

stevedonna said...

How fun for you. I've never seen some of these views, and I've lived here all my life. Shame. Shame. No excuses. Good for you.