I wish EVERYONE had 3 day weekends... Americans work too much
I wish EVERYONE had a summer break... Americans don't get enough vacation
I am the queen of relaxing but before you judge me too harshly, here's what I'm up to:
Took a class a few weekends ago where we hiked 6 miles around Multnomah Falls, learning about the human history and native plants of the Columbia River Gorge... so fun!
Take a class this week where we'll walk around Portland, learning about the native and non-native trees. There are also heritage trees we'll see (I spotted one by PSU)
Taking an online class on teaching writing through children's literature... should be fun and give me great ideas for next year!
I actually have the time/energy to read books about education. Right now I'm reading a book on multiage education.. without fail, when I tell people I teach K-2 I get a shocked response and, "you teach 3 grades? Together?" I get that it's weird, but it seems people are first skeptical. I find myself selling multiage education at every turn. It works people! When else in life are we put into a 12-month age group? Think about how families function when no one is the same age. I'm a believer, and I'm trying to improve and reflect on how best to lead the kids left in my charge.
I'm feeling so inspired and excited to have the summer to reload for next year!
On a related note, I had an anxiety dream about school the other night... what the heck???
So while I don't get to go on an international adventure this summer (cry baby me), I'm still loving summer.
So happy abroad on the streets of Leuven, Belgium... and flipping off Katie the photog apparently

1 comment:
don't worry about not going international, international is coming to YOU baby! :) my bug-loving, barefoot children will make you feel like you're in another realm. :)
Post a Comment