Oh Sweet Sara... June 15th finally came, and Sara Mathews boarded a plane for Burundi, Africa for a 2 year stint there! A-MAZE-ING!! I have to say the airport was excruciating. What do you say to your friend you won't see for possibly 2 years?? (unless there's a trip to Africa in my future...ooooh!).
Seeing her leave may have been more painful as I think of my own departure. Seeing my big sis leave the country for undetermined periods of time should have me all toughened up (seriously, you'd think my skin would be thicker). But no. It's just plain hard to say goodbye. And I have to say many in the next month and a half. I've never left for longer than 4 months (and I thought that was hard).
So here's to digital cameras, and email, and telephones and the Information Age! You make this easier and the world a smaller place.
And here's to eternity in Heaven where there will be no goodbyes.
But I can't leave on such a sad note, so here's a joke my sister Liz made up when she was a kid:
Why did the tree fall over?
Because it wanted to squish the house. (duh)
We love you Sara! And you're in our prayers as you adjust to life in Africa.
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so you finally added to your blog... Bekah.. you share my exact sentiments in the saying goodbye category. love you tons my friend.
Post a Comment