Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Hollywood in Prague

I know I've expressed before how and why Prague is one of the best places on earth. And here's further proof. Kristen and I were walking home from our metro station last night and noticed the big, beautiful church that is at the top of the stairs lit up. It turned out people were filming a movie! (or tv show, commercial, mini-series... not sure)

It was just a few weeks ago that we saw a car rigged to be filmed in, so this happens a lot here. This was the first we got to watch though and we saw 3 takes.

They had everything lit up, they had brought in a British telephone booth and post office box. When they said action, rain started pouring from above, lightning started flashing, newspapers were flying, and a man carrying a flailing kid ran up the steps of the church. So... if anyone sees this scene in a movie tell me which one it is!

I was hoping the guy was Matt Damon or Brad Pitt, but I could tell from a distance it wasn't. He kind of looked like the guy from "Kate and Leopold"... the one who gets stuck in the hospital while the other 2 fall in love. Know the one? Yah, pretty sure it was him.

2 comments:

Rakel said...

You should have stepped forward Bekah...we want to see YOU in the movies...who knows, maybe one day?

Anonymous said...

So... I belive the movie is called Omen 666 (so I don't recommend hanging around the scenes). I think the actor your sure of is Liev Schreiber and he is currently on Production for this movie, although I'm not certain where. The movie's premise is:
"A remake of the 1976 horror classic The Omen (1976), an American official realizes that his young son may literally be the devil incarnate." (sounds like that may be the reason he may be carrying his son to the church huh?)The character name is Robert Thorn, and check this out... Julia Stiles plays his wife Katherine Thorn. So maybe you'll see her!
So, you'd think I had a ton of time on my hands, it's not the case, I am just a crazy movie trivia buff and was up for the challenge. You too could know this info, I got it from IMDB.com A great movie trivia site.
We prayed for you last night Bekah, glad to hear there is some normalcy in your days.