The reason I'm obsessed with Boston. I've been watching Anne of Green Gables (thanks for the inspiration Andy)... and in it she takes a life-changing trip to the city. Growing up watching that movie, it's become ingrained. I know little of the place but I'm OBSESSED with the idea of it. That MUST be it!
It's also the reason I'm a hopeless romantic, optimist, traveler and future teacher (and if I ever meet a guy named Gilbert I'll marry him on the spot).
And sad side note... the movie is over 20 years old... and I remember watching it on TV as they released it in episodes. Ugh.
5 comments:
I remember a little girl saying, "I love this movie so much that even the music makes me cry!!"
Love you,
Ses
wow..you are OLD! just kidding. that is a great reason to want to go to boston. "gilbert and bekah"..sounds great!:)
Before Anne sprains her ankle on the ridgepole...
"Anne, it's a bit risky, don't ya think?"
"Oh, is it indeed, Mr. Blythe?"
And then his corn on the cobb face that we rewound 4 times to watch again and laugh at. The best part...this was only a few years ago. We are sad home schooled children. =)
I LOVE ANNE OF GREEN GABLES!!! Okay girl, we are so going to have a marathon soon and watch these beloved movies.
Boston is so worth it if you ever go! You must visit Mike's Pastries in the North End and purchase cheese canolli, they are delicious, but be sure to bring cash!
Post a Comment