Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hello California




my latte bowl (yes, a BOWL of latte.. it was glorious!) from our yum breakfast at Liz' work, a french cafe/bakery called La Boulange


it was pretty much foggy and cool the entire time we were there.. a typical weekend in San Francisco


the Exploratorium


in front of postcard row


Josh and Liz' apartment on campus at Golden Gate Seminary


the Mrs. Doubtfire house we spent way too much time trying to find!


the siblings in front of the view from Coit Tower


Saints Peter and Paul Church.. (and tabitha)


we asked for a shot of us in front of the church (not the cars and the pavement below)... but at least we got one shot of the 4 of us!


a (purple) painted lady off Fillmore Street


goodbye California

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. I'm so jealous. Looks like you all had a good time. I'm so glad Liz is coming home this weekend..helps me get over my jealousy! Just wish Josh was coming home too:(

Anonymous said...

I wish EVERYONE was going to be home!

oregonfatts said...

Did anyone like Mrs. Doubfire? I did laugh when I read you decided to find the house. You should of made up a story of how you had the same latee/capicino from "so I married an axe murderer" sometimes it's better to lie. JK. I love it, so do you finish a bowl of latee or do you just take a few sips and order it for the experience, or do they merely serve a regular latee in a bowl?

Bekah said...

I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I was ordering that bowl! The movie's even set in the same city... so there were several Ax Murderer comments throughout the weekend. AND, we saw HEAD! It was a little girl, a bit younger, but I'm NOT joking, as I was drinking my "large capuccino" she walked through the door, ENORMOUS head and all!

and the thing you have to know about Mrs. Doubtfire (that you had NO way of knowing) is that we grew up on it (at least Liz did, I was probably in my ugly years at the time).. and she has these little quotes from the movie that are still hilarious to only us. anyway. hence the house hunt.

wow. that was a long comment.

Jenn said...

These are great pictures!! Which highway was the welcome to CA sign on?? The only CA welcome sign I've seen is old and barely readable on I-5..

Bekah said...

it's on the 5... we had to nearly cause an accident to pull over and take the picture.. but when traveling with tabs, you learn: you HAVE to take the picture!