Saturday, August 25, 2007

eiGhT tHiNgs

Tabitha told me I have to tell you 8 random things about myself. But I'm gonna go ahead and be a real rebel and NOT list "the rules" of the game, or tag 8 other people.

I, like Tab, LOVE the Fall. It's my favorite season.. the clothes are better, it's beautiful, the anticipation of Christmas, snow, skiing and winter, my birthday's in the Fall, it feels way more like a beginning than New Years to me. What more?

I like things really symetrical, so my title post is really bothering me. If I'm making something, I have to blur my eyes to make sure it's all balanced. I think that's why I liked pottery class so much, you can't make non-symetrical.

I don't like salad. And I'm female all at the same time! It's mostly the lettuce that bothers me, because I love all the stuff you can put on salads and the dressing. But if it's just a plate of lettuce I feel like a rabbit.. a rabbit bored with her monotonous life of lettuce.

On food, I can count on one hand the foods I DON'T like. Shrimp, egg-flour soup ("yes, can I have some snot in a cup please?"), tripe aka "stomach lining" (this is a recent discovery, and if I were to delve deaper into Chinese cuisine, this list would grow), California rolls make me gag but I love sushi... and salad.. exactly one hand of food! I firmly believe in trying everything once. This philosophy really comes in handy when having dim sum with Jack and Des and eating at the Montage ("frog legs anyone?")

I HATE the movie Better Off Dead... "I want my two dollars!" YUCK! John Cusack is the only good thing about that movie.

I ADORE Wes Anderson movies... when I'm watching Royal Tenenbaums, it's my favorite Wes Anderson movie, and when I'm watching Rushmore, IT'S my favorite Wes Anderson film.. Right now it's definitely Rushmore.

I love depressing music... if I make a mixed CD I'll think it's beautiful music and everyone else in the car will be reaching for their razor blades to slit away.

The legacy I've left at my old job at Good Shepherd is the over-use of the word "crap". Some people start ministries to the homeless, some start Bible Studies for inner-city youth, and I'm a Christian cusser.

That was 8! And I spent way too much time here for one sitting. If you have 8 random things to share, consider yourself "tagged".

3 comments:

Rakel said...

Love your blog Bekah....

Anonymous said...

you're kinda a spaz and i like it. :) are you sure there aren't more than 5 foods you don't like? that's pretty good! and you don't like better off dead? at least you still like my old boyfriend, john. the part about leaving a legacy of saying crap made me laugh out loud. i like you. let's hang out tomorrow, okay?

love ya, ses

Anonymous said...

haha, i'm the exact same way with my music...well, since marrying fat kid, he's exposed me to a lot more upbeat rock songs that i really do like. but normally i love slow, depressing, emotional songs and i think they're so great and people ask if they can change the cd b/c they're gonna fall asleep....or, like you said, reach for the razors (which is a really politically incorrect comment, by the way) hehe, jk.

love your craziness.
Liz (not josh)