Sunday, May 11, 2008

the kids

Warning: this post has excessive aunt bragging and details you never thought you needed to know...

Last night I watched Peyton and Luke. It was so fun! Luke was enamored with his reflection in the mirror and talked to himself and slobbered all over the glass (sorry for the mess!) and tripped out as he would look over at Peyton and then see her reflection. She was laughing really hard, which made him laugh. He's also really close to crawling and would be in the position, lean forward, and then drop his knees. close!

Peyton and I had a dance party set to everything from AC/DC to Bruce Springstein to Imogen Heap and Sarah McLachlan. Peyton gets "fruserated" pretty easily these days, and was getting really upset with my spinning techniques. She couldn't understand why I couldn't spin her like she wanted and why I couldn't dance in circles with her longer than a minute before I stopped to puke. At one point I was sitting on the floor with Luke and she starting pulling on me, saying "get up little man!" She did admit later that I was a "gal" (she can't pronounce her r's so girl comes out gal.. it's really cute!).

We watched the end of Little Mermaid and in between her coma like stair at the tv, she'd ask me deep questions like "why he not marry the gal wis red hair?" and "why her turn into monser (monster)?" When she went to bed she told me not to give her a kiss and when I left the room I hear "Beeeeeeekah!" when i walked back in the room, she asks, "what about a hug and a kiss?" She told me she'd miss me too.. she kills me!

Also, I'm really sore from a 7 hour P.E. class I have to take. It turns out I am as out of shape as I thought I was.

And, I want to say Happy Mother's Day! My mom happens to be really amazing and I hope she feels honored today as she makes us all lunch ... oops, it was the PE class, it had me distracted. Love you mom!


mom and dad in Tiburon, CA in March

3 comments:

Faith said...

Cute stories! Glad you had so much fun with them..they love you and it was so nice not worrying about them. Peyton's a sass but she cracks me up! Thanks again!

Faith said...

oh, also the first thing she said when she woke up was "i miss bekah"

Anonymous said...

That IS sweet, and I'm glad last night was such a positive experience. You're a great auntie!
And thank you about the nice things you said about me.

I love you
Mom