what happens when 1st graders are asked to complete these common idioms and expressions (are idioms and expressions the same thing? I may need to know that for the ORELA test next saturday..)
Cry and the whole world .. laughs at you.
You can't teach an old dog new .. stuff.
Children should be seen and not .. stolen.
If you lie down with dogs, you'll get .. fleas.
Love all, trust .. God.
No news is .. on.
Where there's smoke, there's .. a cigarette.
An idle mind is .. not working.
When the blind lead the blind .. someone gets hurt.
The pen is mightier than the .. pencil.
A bird in the hand .. is going to poop on you.
Never underestimate the power of .. God.
These are hanging in the hall at my school, and i thought they were so cute/funny/sweet! Do you see why I want to teach these kids??
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think my favorite is the bird pooping in your hand one. that is SO cute. Thanks for sharing those!
I agree with Faith. Out of the mouths of babes...
Love
Mom
Post a Comment