Saturday, June 21, 2008

Surprise!!

I got a little surprise Friday night. I was working on Friday, nannying for 11 1/2 hours (ugh.) and I get a voicemail from my dad saying "call me before you go anywhere tonight" .. which freaked me out! I was thinking something terrible happened.. My next voicemail was from my sis Faith, saying that we were having dinner for her birthday and could I come over. So I headed out there, walked on the back patio to say hi to everyone and..

Sarah, Scott, Josiah and Annika jumped out from around the corner!!

I screamed loud and long.. Josiah, Annika and Luke all started crying (and the neighbors' kids were probably upset too). I was confused, surprised, in shock.. it was such a good surprise! I knew I'd see them in 2 weeks, after they went to Idaho.. but I guess the plan from the beginning was to fly through pdx, then drive to Idaho for some Carey family time.. but only my dad knew that.

That was probably a long boring story for most of you but really exciting for me!

4 comments:

Rakel said...

I knew too Bekah, have know for a LOOOOOONG time.....and I was at the airport with your Dad yesterday...glad that you are all together!!

Unknown said...

yay!!!!!!! :-)

Jeremy said...

I laughed out loud when I read this. I was very suprised when I saw them at church on Sunday.

Missy said...

I audibly gasped. :) Good news!