I got to get on an airplane and leave my time zone last month, which made me really happy. I spent 3 days in New York City, the city I knew I'd love. And I spent another 7 days in Washington DC. You know, I've seen a lot of other countries' capitol cities, but never my own. It was really good to see the center of American civilization, pay honor to those who've died in our wars and those who've done good things with our country (there are a few). It was hot and sweaty, but I really liked DC. I loved New York, and am scheming a way to live there one day. I basically just need a lot of money, so am really thankful I chose teaching as a career. Well done me.

Washington Square Park

Battery Park

Staten Island Ferry

Rockefeller

We liked the NBC store more than we should've


My Broadway experience..
Boeing, Boeing! Starring Bradley Whitford, Christine Baranski, Kathryn Hahn, Mary McCormack, Gina Gershon and Tony Award winner Mark Rylance

Natural History Museum

The last of the New York pizza .. in Harold Square


Standing in the center of DC, under the rotunda of the Capitol Building

On my monument tour

After dinner with Katie and Sarah, on the stoop of 21 8th St.

Katie's boss' view .. congressman Jerry Costello

SO EXCITED to go in!
And.. Happy Birthday Luke! who turns 1 today..
2 comments:
Great pics Beks. I'm so glad you got to VISIT!!!
Love
Mom
yep, still jealous.
you'll have to tell me about your broadway experience. i'm glad you finally posted, i've been checking your blog every day! haha, i'm a loser.
Post a Comment