Quick story:
When I was in high school, I had this strong conviction to get rid of all of my "secular music". So bye-bye such sinful music as U2, Tracy Chapman, Better Than Ezra, Alanis Morisette, Counting Crows, The Cranberries, and any other mid-90's bands you can think of. Pretty sure I kept all of my country music, because they're from the South and probably love Jesus.
When I was studying abroad, our program director was leading some discussion and asked what do you think of when you hear the word "secular".. to which one guy offered "better music". Ha! So I spent my college years re-collecting all of the music I got rid of. It was a very expensive conviction, but I'm still glad I followed it... because it makes a great story years later.
I still laugh when I see this episode of Arrested Development. This is a party I so would've thrown!
5 comments:
Great post. I have NEVER seen that clip. Love that show. I love his friend laughing at him and the head gear made me think of Sarah! HA! i need to watch that show again..
haha! that's funny. hey, i think i have your original tracy chapman cd if you by chance got rid of your college one. you can borrow it whenever. =)
wish I could watch it! ... being outside the US.. I am "not allowed" sigh. :-) but I trust you. :-)
hey Bekah, just found you, and love you. Well, love your blogging- can't say I know you well enough to make that leap to "LOVE" yet, huh. I love your honesty & wit though! Come visit Denver with Jenny & find a teaching job out here. Great, see you soon then.
I have a fan? yay!! thanks Laura! I thought i was down to family only here.. it's hit or miss here. The more honest I am, either no one comments or everyone comments.. haha! it's funny to me.
Post a Comment