Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Still here

Wow. It's been 1 million years since I've posted a blog. Some stuff has happened since.... like graduating with my CertTESOL as an English teacher!! It was a very exciting thing to make it through the month. I'd have to say it was more difficult than 8 weeks in Oxford, but that may have to do with the fact I haven't been in an academic setting for 5 years and I was definitely rusty! But it was GOOD and I learned SO MUCH! One of the best experiences of my life, for sure.

We celebrated last Friday night with a big dinner out (paid for by Prague Schools). Our class really liked eachother so it was hard to see it come to an end. The good thing is 10 of us out of 16 are still in the city.. so we'll hang out.

I'm not homeless! After spending 2 nights with Marketa, our only Czech classmate, in her GORGEOUS Prague 1, Old Town apartment, K and I found a flat in Prague 2. The location is great... really close to anything important... our building is 19th century... and we really like it.

Now for the job quest... I've got 4 resumes out and will send more today/tomorrow. Oh fun! It's intimidating, but will be fun to be working here. We were in a little protective bubble the last 4 weeks and now we're in the 'real world' being adult and all.

Love you all! Post away :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo HOooooooo! :-)

Anonymous said...

congrats, bekah!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying!!
Good job.
r