One of the reasons I love europe, and especially while living here, is the slower pace. Even living in the middle of the city things move slower. There's not the pressure to accomplish 24/7. There's no pressure to always be productive. It's ok to relax. It's ok to wear the same clothes all week. And apparently, it's really ok to shower once a week.
This week is especially slow paced for me as I spend time with my friend Melissa in Kandern Germany. I walked around the town today. It took 45 minutes. And that was walking slow. I've taken the week off work, spent last weekend in Italy (pictures soon!) and now the rest of the week I'll be here, ending my trip in Zurich for a wedding (I'm excited to see my friend Karin get married and it should be an interesting cultural experience too!)
I fully realize I've been spoiled all year, seeing new amazing places all over europe, but it's so nice to have this little vacation. No museums to visit. No ruins to take pictures of. And a good friend to relax with.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You deserve to be spoiled this year! I am so glad you have enjoyed yourself and I'm glad that you are getting to relax with Melissa in Germany. Hope you have a short time when you get home to relax with us before you get a job. Scott, Sarah, myself, Josiah and Peyton will all be unemployed and drinking Mai Tai's by the beach. Or playing with the kids in my backyard...same thing...so hopefully you will join us! Love you lil' big sis!
Jeff! 5 weeks! Wow, have so much fun... hope you meet some interesting people along the way. We really need to exchange email addresses. But not here. I don't want the psychos reading this blog to be able to trace me :)
Have a great time friend!!
hey - im a psycho that reads your blog! gimme your address!!! haha - for shizzle we will get a beer anytime you wants.. just holler.
Hey Babe,
As a veteren of being spoiled for a year, enjoy it! BC you'll be back to being a super-productive member of society in no time. ;) Miss you girl, can't wait to see you! This summer will be the best, I'm on the EA team did you know that?! Its rad, I'm excited. Love you Bex
BTW its ok to email me sometime, you know, in case you were wondering or anything ;)
hey beks. so glad you get to do nothing sometimes. i've found that often the times when i'm "not getting anything done" are when the Lord surprises me most by "getting something done" in my heart. keep listening to Him.
Post a Comment